This week, the House will vote on two immigration bills: Rep. Bob Goodlatte’s (R-VA) Securing America’s Future Act (H.R. 4760) and the House Leadership’s crafted “compromise bill”. We have seen an overview of the “compromise bill” and it is disastrous for our nation.
Although these two votes are necessary to stop the horrible discharge petition, it is clear that the “compromise bill” is not the most favorable one. Speaker Ryan is saying that this bill included the President’s four immigration pillars, but that is simply not true!
Here is the truth about the “compromise bill”:
- Grants over 1.8 million illegal immigrants amnesty with a clear path to citizenship.
- Does not eliminate chain migration. It cuts some categories but re-allocates certain visas to big business.
- Fully funds sanctuary cities.
- Does not mandate E-Verify, allowing illegal immigrants to obtain jobs unlawfully.
- The Visa Lottery is not eliminated. It is reduced, but not permanently for another 30 years.
- Does not change the overall immigration numbers.
The Goodlatte bill goes much farther on border security measures. It will eliminate chain migration, pulls funding from sanctuary cities, mandates E-Verify, abolishes the Visa Lottery, and will reduce the number of illegal immigrants significantly. This bill will actually protect American families, jobs, and taxpayer money.
Contact your Representative now and tell him/her to vote against the House Leadership’s “compromise bill”!