- Kentucky General Assembly - 03/29/2017
- How To Be A Wife - 03/01/2017
- Nevada’s Legislature began this week - 02/17/2017
- The State of the Union: America in the Twilight of Truth - 02/05/2017
- America’s Marriage Miasma, Part 9 - 02/04/2016
- How Congress Should Respond to Justice Kennedy - 07/01/2015
- Tell the Supreme Court to Leave Traditional Marriage Alone - 06/22/2015
- June 2015 Phyllis Schlafly Report - 06/19/2015
- Saving Marriage — We MUST ACT NOW! - 06/08/2015
- Justice Kennedy Learns a New Word - 05/06/2015
- Rep. Steve King Files “Restrain the Judges on Marriage Act” - 04/23/2015
- What Will the Court Do To Marriage? - 04/08/2015
- Eagle Forum Fights to Stop Supremacist Judges, Defend Marriage - 02/18/2015
- Back to the Basics: Straightening Up America, XV: America’s Marriage Miasma, Part 8 - 02/12/2015
- Marriage on the Chopping Block? - 01/28/2015
PHYLLIS SCHLAFLY COLUMNS
- What Will the Court Do To Marriage?, 4-08-2015
- Marriage on the Chopping Block?, 1-28-2015
- Legislatures Should Curb Judicial Supremacy Over Marriage, 1-21-2015
- Faulty Ideas about Marriage, 8-20-2014
- Supreme Court Marriage Decisions, 7-03-2013
- How the Government Breaks Up Marriages, 8-22-2012
- We Can’t Separate Social Policy from Tax Law, 3-14-2012
- We Need Pro-Family Tax Policies, 1-18-2012
- Rick Perry’s Marriage Problems, 11-02-2011
- The High Costs of Marriage Absence, 10-26-2011
- Obama Makes Polygamy a 21st Century Issue, 11-06-2009
- Yes, Marriage Can Be Saved From the Gay Lobby, 4-17-2009
- Where Did the Reagan Votes Go in the 2008 Election?, 11-21-2008
- McCain’s Prospects Depend on Telling Truth About Obama, 10-17-2008
- Rabid Judiciary Bites Again, 5-25-2005
- Spending Bush’s “Political Capital”, 1-05-2005
- Democrats Are Trying To Censor The Truth, 10-06-2004
- Contrasts and Similarities In The Two Party Platforms, 9-15-2004
- Alan Keyes vs. Barack Obama, 9-01-2004
- Options For Dealing With Same-Sex Marriage Licenses , 3-03-2004
- Will Massachusetts Abolish Marriage?, 12-24-2003
- Why We Must Protect Marriage, 12-10-2003
- It’s Time To Rebuke The Judicial Oligarchy, 12-03-2003
- Marriage Must Be Protected From The Judges, 10-15-2003
- Congress Should Stand Up And Be Counted, 8-27-2003
- The Hidden Meaning Of Marriage Tax Repeal, 3-07-2001
- VAWA Tests the Limits of Federal Power, 12-01-1999
- Watch out for Marriage Tax Reform, 2-04-1998
- Academia’s War Against Marriage, 11-19-1997
- The Military’s War Over Marriage, 6-18-97
PHYLLIS SCHLAFLY REPORTS
- Faulty Ideas About Marriage, Pre-K, and Feminism, Sept. 2014
- The High Costs of Marriage Absence, Nov. 2011
- How to Stop Judges Mischief about Marriage, July 2004
- Marriage Must Be Protected From The Judges, Dec. 2003
- The Feminists’ War Against Marriage, Dec. 1997
EDUCATION REPORTER ARTICLES
- Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ and the Persecution of Civil Society, Oct. 2008
- More Sex, Less Marriage on TV, Oct. 2008
- Abstinence-Until-Marriage Programs Grow in Popularity, Jan. 2000
77 Non-Religious Reasons to Support Man/Woman Marriage
by Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D.
by Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D.
- Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)
House voted 342-67, 7-12-1996
Senate voted 85-14, 9-10-1996
- Updated GAO Report on DOMA — Listing 1,138 federal laws (as of Dec. 31, 2003) in which marital status is a factor in determining or receiving federal benefits, rights, and privileges.
- Original GAO Report on DOMA — Listing 1,049 federal laws (as of Sep. 21, 1996)
- The House votes to protect marriage from activist judges!
On July 22, 2004 the House passed the Marriage Protection Act (H.R. 3313) by a vote of 233-194. This bill removes the jurisdiction of federal courts on cases arising under the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Defense of Marriage Act. Eagle Forum members nationwide were a driving force behind this historic vote.
- Another Chance to Protect Marriage!
Tell Your Representative to vote YES on the Marriage Protection Act
- House Committee Votes to Protect Marriage from Activist Judges!
On July 19, 2004 the House Judiciary Committee voted 21-13 to send the Marriage Protection Act (H.R. 3313) to the House floor next week.
- Stand Up for Marriage!
House to Vote on Marriage Amendment this week!
On Thursday, September 30, the House of Representatives will vote on H.J. Res. 106, the Marriage Protection Amendment, formerly known as the Federal Marriage Amendment.
UPDATE: The Marriage Protection Amendment failed to gain two-thirds majority in the House of Representatives with a vote of 227-186 (Roll Call 484). Twenty members did not vote.
UPDATE: The U.S. Senate failed to invoke cloture on the Federal Marriage Amendment (S.J. Res. 40) by a vote of 48-50. This procedural vote would have ended debate and allowed the Senate to proceed to an immediate vote on the constitutional amendment.
- Protect Marriage Now!
- Tell Your Senators to Protect Marriage, 6-28-2004
- Tell Congress to Protect Marriage, 10-14-2003
Both Senate and House to vote on protecting marriage this week!, 7-17-2004