March 17, 2017
Trump Budget Cuts
On Thursday, President Trump released his blueprint budget for FY 2018, and a supplemental Appropriations request to Congress to cut domestic spending in FY 2017 in order to pay for efforts to rebuild the U.S. military and National Defense and to increase border security and build the wall on the U.S. Mexico border.
These documents, available here, reflect aggressive efforts to keep his campaign promises to keep America safe and to drastically cut wasteful government spending. Some examples include:
- Raising defense spending $54 billion, and cutting domestic discretionary spending by an equivalent amount.
- Reducing the U.S.’ UN dues to the amount paid by other nations and reducing overall UN spending by 9%.
- Cutting the State Department Budget by 38%
- Cutting the EPA budget by 37%
- Cutting 19 government agencies, including the National Endowment for the Arts, the liberal slush fund, Legal Services Corporation, whose elimination Eagle Forum has been urging for decades.
Here is an overview of the budget requests:
“In Trump’s blueprint to reorder the federal government, echoes of Reagan ’81”, Washington Post 3/16/17
On the ObamaCare repeal, our Capitol Hill sources tell us that House leadership is putting tremendous pressure on House Republicans and President Trump to accept their ObamaCare repeal and replace bill, the American Health Care Act (AHCA) as is, but President Trump is eager to hear from the grassroots. Members of the House Freedom Caucus are concerned that in its current state AHCA will not bring down premiums.
While we are thankful that the AHCA keeps the promise of defunding Planned Parenthood and requiring citizenship verification, Senate sources tell us that those provisions are almost certain to be stripped out when the bill goes to the Senate.
We need a solid replacement that is not vulnerable to Senate mischief.
Click here to see a March 7, 2017 press conference featuring House and Senate conservatives calling for a complete repeal of Obamacare.
We need you to share this information with your lists and contacts and tell your members, families, and friends to contact their Congressional representatives and urge them to:
1. support President Trump’s budget cuts.
2. Express concerns about the AHCH. It is so important that we get Obamacare repealed and replaced with a market-based system that brings down premiums and restores health care quality.
We also need you to continue to tell the truth on social media. The liberals will try all of their dirty tricks, claiming that budget cuts will harm vulnerable Americans, and the media will do all they can to help. We need you to get out the word that this budget is about keeping our country safe!
Please stay tuned to Eagle Forum’s website, Facebook and Twitter feeds, and share the true news we will keep posting!