January 27, 2017
Wasn’t it refreshing to see that following all of the mainstream media hype over the bitter and vulgar so-called “Women’s March,” that President Trump began the week by reinstating the “Mexico City Policy,” prohibiting U.S. foreign aid from supporting organizations that provide abortions?
This week, Eagle Forum is honored to be invited to join other pro-life leaders on the platform at Friday’s March for Life.
In honor of the March for Life, on Tuesday, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 7, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which prohibits the federal government from subsidizing health care plans that cover abortion. The House has passed a similar bill for the past six years during the March for Life week, but each year it has been met with a filibuster in the Senate. We must urge the Senate to pass H.R. 7 now that we have a president who will sign it into law!
President Trump has addressed several other Eagle Forum priorities this week by signing Executive Orders removing U.S. support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), laying the groundwork to build the wall on the U.S./Mexico Border, boosting immigration enforcement personnel and imposing strict limitations on admitting refugees to the United States, and meeting with leaders in the automobile and steel industries to work on bringing jobs in these markets back to America.
Additionally, the Trump transition team proposed budget cuts that Eagle Forum has been urging for decades, including eliminating the obscenity of underwriting National Endowment for the Arts and the liberal slush fund Legal Services Corporation. We will keep you posted as budget bills are presented in the next few weeks and we will ask you to contact your Representatives and tell them to vote for the budget that eliminates these and other wasteful programs.
1. This week, please:
- Call both of your Senators and your Congressional Representatives and tell them that the so-called “Women’s March” does not represent you!
- Tell your Senators to pass H.R. 7 and to defund Planned Parenthood!
- Click here to see how your Representative voted, then either thank or express your disapproval to him or her for their vote, then urge them to vote to defund Planned Parenthood!
2. Pray for God’s wisdom and direction as President Trump makes his final selection on the nominee to replace Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court. We are hearing that President Trump has narrowed the field down to three candidates and that an announcement is expected within the next few days.
3. Urge your friends and followers to take the action outlined above, and invite them to “like” and share material from the Eagle Forum Facebook page!